Community Land - Get It, Keep It, Profit!
Save the Date: Tuesday 1st March 2016 (St Davids Day)
Venue: Ffarm Moelyci, Tregarth, Gwynedd, LL57 4BB http://www.moelyci.org/
9.45am – 3.30pm (Lunch Included) Fee: £5 Members £10 Non-Members
Learn more about:
- Differences between Leases, Licenses and different tenancy options
- Exploring different options to fund land purchases (shares, crowdfunding, loans and private investment)
- Governance - What legal form you should choose when acquiring land and why
- Developing enterprises that generate income from the land
- Ways the Community Land Advisory Service (CLAS) and Growing Together can help your project on this subject.
What you can expect:
- A site tour of the main facilities of this 300+ acre North Wales Hill farm, where you will have the opportunity to discuss the enterprises Cwm Harry are developing on the farm (shop, café, growing spaces, training facilities, community kitchen, rural office space, green energy systems and much more).
- Presentations from other groups that are developing their ideas or have already accessed land and are building enterprises from the ground upwards.
- Opportunities to participate in workshops relating to acquiring land & enterprise development.
- Opportunities for 1:1 sessions with CLAS or Growing Together advisors
Don't forget to check out the website for many other events happening early in the new year.