Green Growth Wales
Green Growth Wales is a suite of interventions to increase and accelerate green investment in Wales.
Our intention is to promote investment that:
- reduces carbon emissions,
- covers its own costs,
- creates public sector saving/income over the longer term,
- creates economic benefit including employment.
Investing in the future
This prospectus sets out how the sustainable use of our natural resources can create a new economic model that will deliver wealth creation and economic growth both today and into the future.
It sets out our key offers around:
- our wealth of natural resources
- a flexible and committed Government
- practical and customised support for business.
”Green Growth Wales: Local Energy” sets out the approach to local energy in support of our strategic energy policy.
The energy system is in a period of transition, offering the opportunity for the people of Wales to take control of their own energy needs.
Our vision is to see all communities and businesses using locally generated electricity and heat, from a range of renewable installations, to supply local demand and to minimise our dependence on central generation.
By using our natural resources in the most effective and sustainable ways, we will:
- create the local energy systems that Wales needs,
- tackle poverty for the long term
- put Wales at the forefront of carbon reduction.