Robert Owen Community Banking Fund Ltd- New Job Opportunity
Community Energy Development Fund Manager 29,000 plus travel and expenses
Robert Owen Community Banking Fund Ltd.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITY
Community Energy Development Fund Manager
£29,000 plus travel and expenses
Robert Owen Community Banking Fund Ltd (ROCBF) is a social lending company providing fairer and more affordable access to finance to both individuals and businesses across Wales.
ROCBF, with Community Energy Wales, has been funded by the BIG Lottery’s People and Places Fund to support the growth of community owned renewable energy projects across Wales. This takes the form of both revenue and capital funding.
The aim of these funds is to assist community groups to finance the development phase of their schemes. This will help them progress more speedily through to planning and construction stages. As this is a new scheme the Manager's role will be to set up the Fund within our existing framework and programme of loans, to then launch the scheme to communities across Wales, and to be responsible for its ongoing administration and management.
The post is initially a fixed term contract for three years, with the intention to continue subject to funding. It is being developed and delivered in partnership with Community Energy Wales.
· To set up and oversee the development and operation of a new Community Energy Development Fund.
· Supply practical and technical support to new and existing community energy groups across Wales, including those from within socially disadvantaged and marginalised localities.
· Develop applications, and commissions needed prior to the construction of, renewable energy installations.
· To work in partnership with Community Energy Wales and other stakeholder organisations in sourcing, supporting and developing groups in the sector.
· An aptitude for working with community groups and volunteers who maybe trying to develop complex schemes.
· An ability to assess and prepare a financial case for investment support to a community scheme.
· An interest in, and knowledge of, renewable energy technologies.
· A team player, but able to lead and take initiative.
· Experience of, or strong empathy for, working in the third sector
· Driving licence, your own vehicle and willingness to travel within Wales.
FFI go to : https://rocbf.co.uk/employment_opportunities and follow the links to PDF downloads.