Social Enterprise Awards UK Open for 2014 Entries
Social Enterprise Awards 2014 now open for applications
The Social Enterprise Awards 2014 are now open for applications from social enterprises across the UK.
The Awards, which have been running for 16 years, recognise social enterprise organisations for their business excellence and contribution to society, as well as the achievements of people working within the social enterprise sector.
UK social enterprises of any size may apply, providing that they trade primarily for social and/or environmental purposes, earn at least half of their income through trading activity, and commit at least half of profits to social purposes or is reinvested back into their business. They must also be able to show that their social purpose is evidenced in the governing documents.
This year there are two new categories: Women’s Champion and Inspiring Youth Enterprise.
Categories 1-10 are open to organisations from England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Social Enterprises can enter all categories. Non social enterprises can enter Category 4, Category 5 and Category 10.
- Category 1 - UK Social Enterprise
- Category 2 - One to Watch
- Category 3 - Prove It: Social Impact
- Category 4 - ‘Buy Social’ - Market Builder
- Category 5 - Social Investment Deal
- Category 6 - Health and Social Care Social Enterprise
- Category 7 - Consumer Facing Social Enterprise
- Category 8 - Education, Training and Jobs Social Enterprise
- Category 9 - Environmental Social Enterprise
- Category 10 - Inspiring Youth Enterprise
- Category 11 - Social Enterprise Women’s Champion
Category winners and the overall UK winner will receive an award presented at the ceremony. Winners also receive a package including PR support, mentoring and business support consultancy
The deadline for applications is 11 July 2014.
Entries will be judged on a national basis, with national winners going forward for the overall UK awards.
The winners of all categories will be announced at an awards ceremony being held on 26 November in London.
An application form and the criteria for each category can be found on the Social Enterprise UK website