WCVA Invites South Wales Charities to Apply for a Rest Grant
Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA) is administering a one-off grant scheme to disperse the charitable funds of the Rest Bay Convalescent Hotel in Porthcawl
The funding comes from the Rest Bay Convalescent Hotel (‘The Rest’), a charity founded in 1899 to provide convalescence to those in need. The Trustees are winding up the affairs of the charity and dispersing the remaining £500,000 for charitable purposes. WCVA is managing the grant application process.
One-off, unrestricted donations of up to £100,000 are available to registered charities supporting to individuals who are affected by ill health, work-limiting health conditions, disabilities or ageing. This could also include carers and the families of those affected.
The funding is available only to registered charities operating in any or all of the following areas: Blaenau Gwent; Bridgend; Neath Port Talbot; Caerphilly; Cardiff; Carmarthenshire; Merthyr Tydfil; Newport; Rhondda Cynon Taff; Swansea; Torfaen; and the Vale of Glamorgan.
In addition, charities must:
- Have a constitution or set of rules, dated and signed as ‘adopted’ by the chair, or other senior office holder on behalf of the organisation.
- Have a bank account, in the charity’s name with at least two signatures.
- Be able to provide a copy of the most recent audited accounts or statement of income and expenditure signed as approved by the chair or other senior office holder.
- Be independent of government and private sectors.
- Have essential policies in place (equal opportunities; safeguarding; and good financial systems).
Applications will be scored against a number of criteria including compatibility of aims and objectives, track record and value for money.
The deadline for applications is 22 December 2014 (4pm).
Full details can be found on the WCVA website